Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just the Things We Do in Oklahoma...

Alright, so I talked to Stephie tonight and just decided that two blog entries is just not enough. I used to be so good at making neat, informative facebook albums with all my pictures, but then I moved to Oklahoma and just showed my pictures to Cameron in person instead. So... after looking through ALL of iPhoto, I just decided to throw some pictures on here to give everyone that's not Cameron an idea of the types of things we get up to here in the "Great state of Oklahoma". (That's a real thing they say here on the radio, local news and other legitimate places... It may actually be the official "statement" of the state. I don't know.)
So this is Cameron at the Tiger-themed refreshment station at the Great State Fair of Oklahoma last year. It's actually coming up again this month so hopefully we'll get to go again and I can find some even bigger bling earrings and win an even bigger Rock Band prize and Cam and I can eat even MORE fried delicacies.
This was my costume/"gameface"for the last roll of film I shot for my filmmaking class. I'm holding the camera we used in that class. Basically the"premise" of the three-minute color film roll was my 80's pants. I'd like to tell you about how it looked, but I actually haven't seen it projected yet. I saw the light shine through it so I could kind of see how cool the colors looked, but I have to actually rent a projector to see it projected.
And That's Cam on his birthday celebration dinner last April. He got some geocaching stuff, and then near our anniversary, we went out to the lake and flew the kite I'd gotten Cameron for his birthday like two years before. Apparently it was too big for us to mail or fly back from Florida so we had to wait till we actually drove back from Florida to get it to our house. We picked up a geocache or two in this park afterwards.. Then the next weekend we camped at a really neat red rock canyon about 40 minutes away. We decided we'd go again once it got a little cooler too.
And this last one we took on another adventure day last winter down in Norman, where I go to school. I probably convinced Cameron that it would be "fun" if he drove the 45 minutes with me down to campus so I could do whatever errands/schoolwork I needed to, and then to make it actually seem like it was fun I showed him some of the town's cool places. This merry-go-round is in the middle of a really old airport, along with some awesome old tire-swing things. As you can see, the "playground" apparatus isn't very juvenile-looking and it doesn't even look very safe. But it's fun for grown-ups (like us).

Well, that's pretty much what we do. I want to write a blog about geocaching, which is one of our favorite things to do and then another one about our trip to California this summer. But... one step at a time, right?

1 comments:

chaela said...

these photos make me violently jealous. that I'm not there. is that healthy?