Friday, March 12, 2010

Just a Little Weekend Trip


So last weekend Cameron and I took a little three-hour drive down to Fort Worth, (also known as Dallas), mostly to see our BYU cougars play Texas Christian. We went to the game last year (it was on Valentine's Day) and had a lot of fun! So we gave it another shot again this year! I got a great deal on a 4-star Marriot on Priceline.com (with William Shatner's help), and Cameron burned us a brand new CD of awesome songs he'd tagged over the last few months on his phone. (Shazam is AMAZING)

Now, whenever we go anywhere that's outside of Oklahoma City, we do some internetting to make sure we're not missing out on any of our favorite
things. Anthropologie is obviously my favorite
favorite favorite thing of anything, and we found one of those! That's where we got this little pink guy. We loved him so much and snuggled with him AS IF HE WERE OUR OWN the whole way home. Cameron even taught him to drive (see facebook album for more pictures). We also found a Five Guys and a Mellow Mushroom, which we HAD to eat at! We realized that most of the things we get excited about finding in new towns are restaurants... We doo love our food.

Since I'm all "into" "art" now, I also checked out the museum scene and we decided to check out the Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth... But all the cool people call it "The Modern" (apparently). It had some really cool "arts" and there was a big 'ole Andy Warhol exhibit which we very much enjoyed! The architecture of the building was really neat too... We took a lot of pictures outside... This one's pretty much a glamour shot Cameron took of me. But those trees in the background are actually "art"s of their own! They're huge silver sculptures.
We loved them because they looked like lightnings that were about to hug each other. (and we both like lightning and hugs). Also, did I mention that the weather was gorgeous? (cuz, it was.)

And then there was MOUNTASIA. We found this magical place when we googled "mini-golf" in the Fort Worth area and drove the 22 minutes (because that's how far everything was from wherever we were on that trip), and the magic started! Mini-golf was 36-holes great with caves and waterfalls and Texas drunkards and tiny pencils. Of course, I lost terribly, but had a great time doing it (like a TRUE winner). Then with about 20 minutes left before closing time, we decided to play a little skee-ball.

THEN! We saw this machine that was just spitting out two tickets every 30 seconds, which was Cameron's life-long arcade dream, so I obviously stayed to "play" that game while Cameron went on to actually earn some tickets. After a few minutes I got a little bored and figured nobody would take any of my free tickets while I went to play the Wheel of Fortune game nearby. I stopped the light waaay too early and only won 4 tickets. The machine started making weird noises like it was trying to spit the tickets out so i flicked the tip of the tickets so it would catch and start coming out.

THEN... I realized they still weren't coming out further so I pulled them out, and when I had pulled quite a few more than 4 tickets out, I realized that there must've been a lot of people before me who hadn't gotten their tickets... and THEN... about the time Cameron came back from his games, I realized that I had pulled out a LOT more than just what people had forgotten to grab... and probably more than could ever be debated as my fair share. But I didn't stop. I couldn't. Cameron was so proud of me. I was the queen of tickets. When we realized they were about to close the place, we used up the rest of our tokens on games that are impossible to win tickets on and then counted all of our winnings. We had like 2000 and got the coooolest toys! (as far as arcade toys are concerned, at least), and we have a really cool arcade story that actually makes us feel like we may have broken even with arcades. (that NEVER happens).

So, that was pretty much our trip. It was fun and a good excuse to get out of town before our spring break, which we're spending here in OKC... doing homework and things. I have all sorts of other trips and pictures and events to blog about, but I figured this would be much faster and easier and a less intense blog for me to get back in the groove with. I'm excited now that my sisters are all into the bloggin' stuff now! Yeah, Stephie, Mandy and Mary! And Mom reads them all. (go Mom!)

Love you guys!










3 comments:

luvnmy10 said...

Your trip sounds very fun! I love the idea of looking things in the area up on the internet--thus making the most of your time there. I am going to start doing that, too.
love you,
m

chaela said...

What? what is this? This is old! Write more, or else death also.

chaela said...

really? does DEADTH mean nothing to you?????